Program open to PhD students
The PSL-ITI (Institut de Technologie et d’Innovation) program, initially conceived as a pre-doctoral year, was arranged that motivated PhD students could follow it. It is now accessible to PhD students of PSL in the catalog proposed by the Doctoral College. Three modalities are possible:
- during the thesis, with courses throughout the three years
- at the beginning of the thesis, with complementary courses during the thesis
- during a gap year, as allowed by the new decree of May 25, 2016.
This course will lead to a diploma of establishment PSL.
A new admission process has been launched :
- Online application through PSL portal. Submission deadlines: from August 20 to 28, 2018
- Admission interviews for preselected candidates (in person in Paris or remotely) with the selection committee: August 30th, 2018
- Admission results : September 3rd 2018
For more information about selection criteria, teachings or to discover student testimonials from previous promotions: click here!
What is PSL-ITI?
PSL-ITI in a few words
It’s a training course of excellence, unpublished in the French university landscape, carried by the largest scientific research and engineering institutions: Ecole normale supérieure, ESPCI Paris, Institut Curie, Mines ParisTech or Observatoire de Paris.
The ambition of PSL-ITI
Train the scientists and startupers of tomorrow to transform scientific production into a real force for industrial innovation.
The pre-doctoral year PSL-ITI is …
- multidisciplinary learning (innovative technologies for health, quantum engineering, energy, spatial engineering, modeling of biological systems, etc.) and training in innovation and entrepreneurship
- a 5-month internship in an academic laboratory or in a company (start-up or large industrial group)
- a simulation project to create a start-up, in PSL’s laboratories of excellence
- an opening to the SHS with in particular a cycle of conferences organized in partnership with The boson project and the courses of PSL-Xtend.
Four graduating classes have already taken this course, including engineers (X, Mines, ESPCI, Ponts …), normaliens students (ULM and Lyon) and students from scientific masters (physics, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, computer science, mathematics, astronomy, cognitive science …). Most are currently in PhD, with topics closely related to innovation and technology. Others have created start-ups like award-winning LOMA Innovation for example (http://www.tremplin-entreprises.senat.fr/laureats-2016/).